Do you have a story to tell that you feel isn’t getting told?
We want to hear it. And we want to help you tell it.
Delinquent Theatre is bringing back their Writers in Residency program to help writers develop and move forward with their work through sweet incentives and hard deadlines.
WHAT YOU HAVE You self-identify as coming from an underrepresented community – as defined by you – and you’ve got a half-finished script for the theatre, a first draft, or a really solid outline.
WHAT YOU NEED You need to get that script done. And you need the tools to help you do it.
WHAT WE HAVE Writers will receive a $500 commission, 3 one-day workshops, a writing retreat on Vancouver Island, and a staged reading of their work in April 2017.
WHAT WE NEED Interested applicants must be BC-based writers at any stage in their career; workshops and readings will take place in Vancouver, BC. Travel costs and childcare during workshops will be provided. To apply, please prepare the following:
- A letter of intent outlining your project, where you stand in its development, and what you’d hope to get out of this process. This program will be what you make of it – the more specific your goals, the better we can help you achieve them (maximum 1 page)
- A resume or short biography
- A detailed synopsis of your script (maximum 1 page)
- If applicable, a sample of your script (maximum 15 pages)
- We will only accept one proposal per playwright
Please send your submission along with your contact information and the title of your script to Laura McLean and Christine Quintana at email@example.com by September 15th 2016.