ABOUT DELINQUENT THEATRE
Delinquent Theatre is a Vancouver-based independent company that creates, develops, and produces new Canadian plays. Our work explores the figure of the delinquent as the resilient other – telling narratives of survival, ingenuity, and subversive action in the face of a hostile status quo. We strive to create working spaces that challenge and re-examine traditional hierarchies in order to allow artists to grow and thrive. We ask ourselves and our collaborators to imagine new ways of working instead of re- creating the systems we know, in order to respond to the needs of each production’s ensemble, and to push our work forward into new and uncharted territory.
For the 2018/2019 and 2019/2020 seasons, Delinquent Theatre will be in residence at the Annex Theatre downtown as part of the inaugural SeeMore Theatre series. We are seeking an Audience Services manager to help coordinator and lead a team of volunteers who will run our ticketing system through Theatre Wire and to provide a welcoming, warm, and inclusive experience for our guests. Some performances of our productions will feature ASL interpretation and audio descriptions – additional training will be provided to help box office staff best serve the d/Deaf and HoH community, and those who are blind, low-vision, or have vision loss. If, like us, you believe that everyone should have an excellent time at the theatre, we want to work with you!
The contract will run April 9th to the 20th 2019 with a few training sessions to take place the week prior. And then November 26th to the 7th 2019.
- Provide a positive and inclusive experience for all guests at all times
- Greet the audience and give the Front of House speech at the start of the show including land acknowledgement
- Welcome and orientate the volunteer usher and ticket sellers to the needs of the space and the show
- Work with volunteers to facilitate ticket transactions through Theatre Wire ticketing system
- Maintain detailed records and data while ensuring operational policies and procedures are met and followed
- Box office reconciliations, cash deposits and reporting
- Co-ordinating the comp list, and receiving the Will Call list from Theatre Wire
- Troubleshoot minor computer, printer and credit card scanner problems
- Candidates must be available evenings, weekends and holidays during two-week run of shows
- A genuine enthusiasm for inclusive practice in customer service
- Experience with Theatre Wire Ticketing software or other event ticketing program experience is an asset (e.g. Tessitura, Ticket Master)
- Minimum 2 years of cash-handling experience, preferably in a box office environment
- Excellent customer service and communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to thrive within a fast paced environment and enjoy working directly with a diverse public
- Strong time management skills and the ability to multi-task with little supervision
- Attention to detail, accuracy and quality control with a commitment to meeting policy and procedures
- Ability to follow written instructions and to troubleshoot, problem solve and adapt to changes when required
- Proficient utilizing MS Word, Excel and Outlook
$25/ hour part-time, 8 hours/week during training, up to 20 hrs/week during the run of the show.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply please email Laura at firstname.lastname@example.org with a cover letter and resume.
DEADLINE TO APPLY: February 15th